Is it wrong to call Cluster B personalities toxic?
I dunno... is it wrong to call the sky blue? Is it wrong to call ice cold? Is it wrong to call Shih Tzus furry?
Cluster B personality disorders, by definition, involve distinct patterns of dysfunctional behavior that almost invariably affect other people. (The proposed Quiet Borderline subtype being the sole exception.) A hallmark of these disorders is a fragile ego, leading to criticism avoidance, hindering self-reflection, and thus preventing the desire to change one's own ways.
Of course people whose lives are built on evading accountability will tell you that it's mean for their victims to "stereotype," a.k.a. to share concepts and vocabulary that help identify harmful relationships. But I don't let abusers decide whether I'm allowed to talk about abuse, for the same reason I don't let my barber decide whether I need a haircut.
Comments
Post a Comment